September 2012 - August 2016
Bachelor of Computer Science with honours and co-op
First Class Honours (GPA: 4.18)
Backend FrameworksSpring, Express, Next, Ruby on Rails, Django.
Frontend FrameworksReact, Redux, Jest, Playwright, Angular, jQuery.
WebHTML, CSS, SCSS.
DatabasesPostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis.
TechnologiesNginx, Node.js, AWS, GCP, Keycloak, Ansible, Docker.
ToolsGit, Teamcity, Jenkins, JIRA, Amplitude, IntelliJ, VS Code.
January 2022 - Present
Senior Web Engineer Ritual - Toronto, Ontario
- Full stack development with Java, Spring, Bazel, React, Redux, and TypeScript
- Designed and implemented RESTful APIs with OpenAPI, Java, and Spring
- Led complex projects from start to finish, breaking down difficult problems into achievable milestones
- Wrote detailed design documents and user stories, coordinating across teams and functions to ensure tasks were delivered correctly and on time
- Mentored other engineers and co-op students
- Delivered high impact features such as Group Ordering (a way for users to order food together) and Food Fest @ Work (a promotional campaign for office workers), leading to thousands of new Ritual users
December 2020 - January 2022
Web Engineer Ritual - Toronto, Ontario
- Created responsive UIs using React, Redux, ES6, and TypeScript
- Collaborated with product managers, designers, QA analysts, and engineers to implement new features
- Documented best practices and troubleshooting steps
- Built a platform that has enabled 10+ property manager apps to seamlessly integrate Ritual
August 2016 - December 2020
Platform Engineer BiblioCommons - Toronto, Ontario
- Worked in multiple stacks, including Java/Spring, Ruby/Rails, and Node.js/Express.
- Developed new microservices, RESTful APIs, and API integrations.
- Worked closely with designers to create beautiful UIs with React, Redux, ES6, and SCSS.
- Dockerized and migrated legacy applications to AWS (S3, EC2, SQS, Lambda, DynamoDB, ECR, and ECS).
- Optimized database queries and improved Java backend performance.
- Increased platform observability by leveraging Prometheus, New Relic, and Sumo Logic.
- Automated release and testing tasks with Golang and Python scripts.
- Created CI/CD pipelines with Teamcity and Ansible.
- Mentored junior engineers and co-op students.
May 2014 - August 2016
Web Developer SimplyCast Interactive Marketing - Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Developed LAMP stack web applications (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
- Created distributed chat application with Node.js, Redis, and AngularJS.
- Implemented integrations with third-party APIs.
- Developed and documented public-facing REST APIs.
- Worked full-time during co-op work terms and part-time during academic terms.
September 2015 - August 2016
Teaching Assistant Dalhousie CS Learning Centre - Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Assisted students with computer science course work.
- Explained core algorithm concepts and helped students debug their code.
- Tutored students individually and in small groups.