September 2012 - August 2016
Bachelor of Computer Science with honours and co-op
First Class Honours (GPA: 4.18)
Backend FrameworksSpring, Express, Ruby on Rails, Django.
Frontend FrameworksReact, Angular, jQuery.
WebHTML, CSS, SCSS.
DatabasesPostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis.
TechnologiesNginx, Node.js, AWS, Ansible, Docker.
ToolsGit, Teamcity, JIRA, IntelliJ, VS Code.
August 2016 - Present
Platform Engineer BiblioCommons - Toronto, Ontario
- Worked in multiple stacks, including Java/Spring, Ruby/Rails, and Node.js/Express.
- Developed new microservices, RESTful APIs, and API integrations.
- Worked closely with designers to create beautiful UIs with React, Redux, ES6, and SCSS.
- Dockerized and migrated legacy applications to AWS (S3, EC2, SQS, Lambda, DynamoDB, ECR, and ECS).
- Optimized database queries and improved Java backend performance.
- Increased platform observability by leveraging Prometheus, New Relic, and Sumo Logic.
- Automated release and testing tasks with Golang and Python scripts.
- Created CI/CD pipelines with Teamcity and Ansible.
- Mentored junior engineers and co-op students.
May 2014 - August 2016
Web Developer SimplyCast Interactive Marketing - Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Developed LAMP stack web applications (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
- Created distributed chat application with Node.js, Redis, and AngularJS.
- Implemented integrations with third-party APIs.
- Developed and documented public-facing REST APIs.
- Worked full-time during co-op work terms and part-time during academic terms.
September 2015 - August 2016
Teaching Assistant Dalhousie CS Learning Centre - Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Assisted students with computer science course work.
- Explained core algorithm concepts and helped students debug their code.
- Tutored students individually and in small groups.