September 2012 - August 2016
Bachelor of Computer Science with honours and co-op
First Class Honours (GPA: 4.18)
FrameworksSpring, React, Angular, jQuery, Rails, Django.
WebHTML, CSS, SCSS, React, Angular.
TechnologiesPostgreSQL, Redis, Nginx, NodeJS, AWS, Ansible, Docker.
ToolsGit, Vim, JIRA, VS Code, JetBrains.
August 2016 - Present
Platform Engineer BiblioCommons - Toronto, Ontario
- Created and documented restful APIs with Node.js/Express and Java/Spring.
- Optimized database queries and improved Java backend performance.
- Implemented UIs with React, Redux, ES6, and SCSS.
- Maintained legacy Ruby on Rails + jQuery application.
May 2014 - August 2016
Web Developer SimplyCast Interactive Marketing - Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Developed PHP LAMP stack web applications.
- Created distributed chat application with NodeJS, Redis, and AngularJS.
- Implemented Microsoft Dynamics, Office 365, BigCommerce and Vtiger integrations.
- Developed and documented public-facing APIs.
September 2015 - August 2016
Teaching Assistant Dalhousie CS Learning Centre - Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Assisted students with computer science course work.
- Explained core algorithm concepts and helped students debug their code.
- Tutored students individually and in small groups.